Saturday, July 14, 2012

Book Review - The Soul Seekers

The Soul Seekers by Amy Saia was one of the most intriguing books I've read in a while. Set to be released in August, this book confused me, captivated me and kept me turning the pages until the very end. I definitely will recommed this book to anyone who enjoys a bit of a guessing game. 

So what's it about?  Emma Shay, a seventeen year old girl with a bit of a psychic ability, moves to Indiana with her mom after her dad dies. It's a small, boring town, she doesn't know anyone and she's grieving the loss of her father. So, she gets a job at the local library where she meets him. William. The most gorgeous, interesting guy she's ever met. And mysterious. Emma wants noting more than to meet him.  When she finally does, she discovers that he is being hunted by the Soul Seekers, a cultish religion that steals souls to gain their own power. William, no longer mortal, but not dead, is on their list. And so is Emma.
 
Set in Southern Indiana during the summer of 1979, The Soul Seekers reminded me of books like Twilight by Stephenie Meyers or any of Lois Duncan's thrillers. It had a paranormal feel, but was full of normal emotions and elements, like romance, betrayal and jealousy.
 
And in the end, it made me cry... both happy tears and a few sad ones.
 
I definitely recommend this book. Be sure and check it out when it's released!
 
xoxo
 
PS- while you wait for this new book to come out, feel free to read a fun, fab and flirty romantic comedy, also published by WiDo Publishing. Tanned, Toned and Totally Faking It is the hottest book of the summer and you definitely don't want to miss it!
 
Have a great day, all!

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome review, I'm blushing with joy! Whitney, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Amy's book. I am going to be doing some traveling in August and I know that Soul Seekers will be the perfect reading material to keep my mind off of being on a plane. This book sounds like the perfect diversion.

    ReplyDelete